Monday, May 28, 2007

And bad mistakes....I've made a few. I've had my share of sand kicked in my face and I've come through

Okay...

So I'm going to try and be done with depressing posts for a while. I'm not saying they won't be, but I'm making a conscious effort to change my outlook on life right now.

Today marks a week since we buried Grandma. I'm still having a hard time, losing Papa and Grandma so close together. There's been a couple times that I've done something recently, and I wanted to call Grandma and tell her about it, but then reality hits.

I think the part that hit me the hardest, is what has made me happiest in the last few months. We found out on Thursday that we won the 5AM book. Okay, so technically we tied Channel 9 with a 3.6, but when you take it out to the hundredths...we won 3.60 to 3.58. Stupid rounding up.

It's the first time that the 5AM show has won in YEARS, so we're obviously very excited about it. As much as I'd love to take full credit for the turn-around, it's been a couple years in the making. It's sad that the people who helped to build the show up (like Heidi, Jen O, and of course, Trent Faris) aren't on the show anymore to enjoy the success...but they know they were the bricklayers.

But, I have to sorta think Grandma was helping out. I know that before Grandma died and before she become really sick, she was always asking how we were doing and if we were getting close to winning. She told me that she was praying for me, that I would be able to do my job to the best of my ability and that I would find success. I'm a big believer in prayer, so I just have to say thanks to all my co-workers for the job well done, and thanks Grandma!

"...I've taken my bows and my curtain calls, you've bought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it...I thank you all..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on becoming #1. If you want to stay #1, the easiest way is to send someone over to Channel 9 to break everyone's legs. It works for us in radio.