Sunday, June 3, 2007

I'm the king of the castle, you're the dirty rascal. Crash into me!

Okay... it's been a BAD 12 hours for me.

Around 2:30 this morning, I was trying to go to sleep - when I think I started a kidney stone. I was moving around a lot, because I was in so much pain.

Then the nauseousness started. I don't know if any of you have ever had a kidney stone, but for a man it's like having a baby - but in fast forward. You get the pain and "morning sickness" and you're throwing up for a while. Then within a few days, a jagged stone (not smooth - don't be fooled by the name) has made it's way, scratching along the side of the wall all the way from your kidney to your "you know what." And then it's time for the "birth."

Like I said, it's in fast forward, so we don't have the hours of labor, but that thing hurts so much when it comes out, it can bring you to your knees in a heartbeat. You're still in pain for a couple days after, if that gives you any idea on how much it hurts.

So yeah, I hate getting them, and this is NOT my first one by any stretch of the imagination. I'm going to hate the next few days.

So anyways... I was getting sick until about 6:30 this morning, and after the first time or two, it was mainly dry heaving and I'm pretty sure there might have been some blood. I thought about going to the hospital, but didn't. I just wanted the pain to end.

Then I got up and went to church with Jen T. First time I've been back to church since Grandma's funeral. A lot of the things just got to me and I had a hard time with that.

But then, I'm leaving church and I see a voicemail from my sister. So when I get to the red light, I'm starting to check it, when this woman creams into the back of me. Apparently - she didn't see the red light, my truck, or the three cars in front of me that were stopped.

I smacked my head on the back window of the truck and it's killing me. Once again, I thought about going to the hospital, but didn't. I hope I don't regret not getting checked out.

But yeah, her car (which is actually her husband's company car, and he was NOT in the car) wasn't too bad, and I guess mines not either, but my back bumper and tailgate are fucked up. She was all "I'm going to give you my insurance, since the car is a company car." I thought it was sounding fishy and told her, I didn't care what she did, but I was calling the police. I want a police form, damnit. You're not screwing me over and having me get stuck with the repair bill.

So then the cops came out, filled out the form and put that it was her fault. She didn't get charged, but as long as my form says it's her fault - I don't care.






So yeah, now I just have to figure out how to tell my parents, "hey, by the way, I know you're out of the country, but I'm going by the house to borrow one of your cars, so mine can get fixed."

Oh well. I just hope they call today, so I don't have to tell them on their 30th wedding anniversary tomorrow.

I have more to post later, about the rest of my weekend and the next three weeks! It's going to be hectic.

"...I will be your dixie chicken, if you'll be my Tennessee lamb. We can walk together down in Dixieland...Crash into me...Crash into me..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart - you have seriously had it rough lately. I don't know you but you are in my prayers. Take care - and things are bound to get better!

Anonymous said...

I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.